Life with Keith, or The Whimsical Banjo Man

Herein is the Chronicle of my Life. It is mostly true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Hey y'all! I'm a 30-something "Appalachian American" living in southern Indiana. Musician by training and right of conquest, by which I mean dissertation. Despite appearances I am in fact not a hobbit. Just so we're clear on that. Desperately and happily partnered to My Ain True Love but you can call him "Dom". We have an intensely entertaining if bloodthirsty "cat" who has a heart condition, asthma, a weight problem, a plush squid paraphilia, and the improbable name of Balthasar Anatole Romulus Potorti. I wish I was kidding. The other cat doesn't have quotes because she is adorable and angelic, but is amazingly named Erma Hestia Brigit Clytemnestra Collins. Still not kidding.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Almost Ready To Blog Again; or Been Really Busy

Hi everybody! Sorry for the silence, but Dom got home from Mexico and all heck broke loose: work craziness, I got sick, and now

Balthazar is also sick! Again.

As in: while walking out of my room this morning my feet went " splat" in something vaguely yellow. Eeewwww. Then I smelled something so foul my eyes watered, my butt puckered up, I got dizzy, and I gagged. It seems the cat had not only vomited (6 times!), but also had painted the laundry room with

Explosive diarrhea!!

Yay pets! Zeke Whippet, of course, thought this was the best day since the cicada outbreak a couple years ago ("Cool! The backyard is full of chicken nuggets! w00t!"). This morning his inner monologue went something like this

"Hey! What's this on the floor? [sniff sniff] Hey wow! The kitty made me breakfast! Thanks kitty, you're the best! Can I lick your butt when I'm done?"

Our pets are gross.

later,
ckc


2 Comments:

Blogger Garghoulee said...

Oh the joys of parenthood! (Maybe the kitty was punishing you for being gone?)Hang in there...

8:03 AM  
Blogger Garghoulee said...

Waiting...waiting...waiting...*yawn*...waiting...waiting

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home