Life with Keith, or The Whimsical Banjo Man

Herein is the Chronicle of my Life. It is mostly true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Hey y'all! I'm a 30-something "Appalachian American" living in southern Indiana. Musician by training and right of conquest, by which I mean dissertation. Despite appearances I am in fact not a hobbit. Just so we're clear on that. Desperately and happily partnered to My Ain True Love but you can call him "Dom". We have an intensely entertaining if bloodthirsty "cat" who has a heart condition, asthma, a weight problem, a plush squid paraphilia, and the improbable name of Balthasar Anatole Romulus Potorti. I wish I was kidding. The other cat doesn't have quotes because she is adorable and angelic, but is amazingly named Erma Hestia Brigit Clytemnestra Collins. Still not kidding.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Isle des Fleurs, or Middle Bass Island (sounds better in French, non?)

Hey y'all

I had the distinct pleasure of returning to one of the nation's lovliest places, off the coast of, um, well, Cleveland more or less. But towards Toledo. Anyhoo, it's a house on an island in Lake Erie, mere miles from Canada. And while the lake was not on fire ("That hasn't happened in YEARS now") it was exhibiting worrying signs of the algae bloom currently plaguing some of the other Great "Lakes" (read "Cesspool"). The dead fish were a tip-off that something might be amiss regarding the lake's health. Not just one or two, but more like 10 in the course of 4 days. Big fish, like carp and bass and the Loch Ness Monster and stuff. However, the good news: there is a breeding pair of Bald Eagles, yea and verily our National Symbol, upon the island. The bad news: they unwisely chose as the site for their eyrie a tree right next to the AIRPORT.

How it is possible one can build an airport (landing strip really) abutting bald eagle habitat is vexing to me. Oh wait! I forgot: Ohio is where certain elected officials have been recently accused of shocking abuses of power. And isn't Ohio the state that majorly fecked up the last "election" (I use the term loosely)? Huh.

So enough ranting. Here are the latest Images of My Life:





These are my peeps, Kristy and Jim.
They're the best "family" I could ever want!






















This is my little peep, Joey. He loves him some ice cream! That's the Perry's Victory and Peace Memorial in the background. Take that, UK!

"The Peace Memorial is closed indefinitely due to high-wind damage from recent storms" Sounds like a Republican conspiracy to me...








Kristy and the Podling (she's with child!), and Dom with a stick.













Yay babies! Yay Kristy and Jim! Yay Canada (in the background)!




















Here we are, looking relaxed and groovy at Put-in-Bay.
"South Bass Island: Pretending It's the Caribbean for Pasty-Skinned Upper Midwesteners and Canadians Since the War of 1812"
There are fake palm trees here. I'm totally serious.

You people abut CANADA. Drop the fake Carribean crap and move on.




So there are totally like a bunch more pictures, but when I got the CD back from Target they gave me the wrong CD. Instead, I have a stunning and evocative photo essay of Some Little Girl's Ballet Recital. Which means SLG has a CD of me. Hugging Dom. And stuff. So let me give a shout out to some family in Greenwood IN who has now seen a photo of Dom with his arm draped jauntily about my person. Just my shoulders, mind you, but still.

More to come, as always! Including: why our pets are like unto a boil on the butt of humanity (hint: lots of poop in all the wrong places is involved!)

Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger Garghoulee said...

I sense a fascination with pet poo from you two...
And Ohio is not all bad, keep in mind our state emblem is a peanut butter ball of doom.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home