Life with Keith, or The Whimsical Banjo Man

Herein is the Chronicle of my Life. It is mostly true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Hey y'all! I'm a 30-something "Appalachian American" living in southern Indiana. Musician by training and right of conquest, by which I mean dissertation. Despite appearances I am in fact not a hobbit. Just so we're clear on that. Desperately and happily partnered to My Ain True Love but you can call him "Dom". We have an intensely entertaining if bloodthirsty "cat" who has a heart condition, asthma, a weight problem, a plush squid paraphilia, and the improbable name of Balthasar Anatole Romulus Potorti. I wish I was kidding. The other cat doesn't have quotes because she is adorable and angelic, but is amazingly named Erma Hestia Brigit Clytemnestra Collins. Still not kidding.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Poetry Time! or, Bored Again

A Limerick

A woman who played cor anglais
Was cremated in a dress oh-so gay.
Her friends opened her ossuary,
Found the remains of a cassowary,
And commenced then to cry out "Oy veh!"
________________________________

Haiku About My Life Recently

Zeke Whippet is dumb.
Suitcases make him upset:
He thinks we're leaving.


Our cat poops a lot,
But not always in the box.
Colostomy bag?

Zeke is no better
And tends to pee on our things:
"Sorry, was that yours?"

Dom is now in Mexico,
Leaving me and the pets here.
I want a cookie.

MBNA sux.
"Why haven't you used your card?"
"Because my rate bites!"

I lie to children
And play dress-up for my job:
I am overdrawn.

He who mows our grass
Is definitely a queer.
How did he find us?

I hope that one day
The government will wake up.
I fear it's too late.

Student loans are bad.
Apparently six figures
Means no house for me.

My sister's pregnant
And it took on the first try.
Big Jim is a stud!

I miss my nephew.
His name is Joseph Orlin,
He likes playground slides.

I am haiku'd out
And need to eat some supper.
I'm thinking pasta!


K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home