Life with Keith, or The Whimsical Banjo Man

Herein is the Chronicle of my Life. It is mostly true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Hey y'all! I'm a 30-something "Appalachian American" living in southern Indiana. Musician by training and right of conquest, by which I mean dissertation. Despite appearances I am in fact not a hobbit. Just so we're clear on that. Desperately and happily partnered to My Ain True Love but you can call him "Dom". We have an intensely entertaining if bloodthirsty "cat" who has a heart condition, asthma, a weight problem, a plush squid paraphilia, and the improbable name of Balthasar Anatole Romulus Potorti. I wish I was kidding. The other cat doesn't have quotes because she is adorable and angelic, but is amazingly named Erma Hestia Brigit Clytemnestra Collins. Still not kidding.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Our Clingy Pets, or Demonic Animals For Whom We Provide Food and Shelter

Hello again my dearies! As promised some time ago, here are the Pets, uncensored, unrestrained, untrainable.


This is Zeke Whippet. He is the biggest, ugliest whippet I have ever encountered. He is, however, the sweetest dog I have ever met, if a tad passive-agressive ("Oh, were those YOUR library books I accidently shredded to pieces?" "You mean you DON'T want me to hose down the hardwood floors in the living room?" "I'm sorry, did I by mistake puke up a rawhide on the futon mere minutes before overnight guests are to arrive and sleep upon it? Heavens!" "Did the yeast infection in my ear cause you to spend tens of dollars on medication for me, which I ungratefully shake out as soon as you arent' looking?")






In this stunning photo, we see his nobility, his graceful form, his intelligent eyes. He's actually staring at a squirrel, hoping beyond hope that it will commit suicide by leaping into his mouth.




And finally, here is the "cat" which deigns to live under our roof. It is foul, evil, ghoulish, beastly. Also cute, needy, talkative, and asthmatic with a heart condition. He makes us laugh a lot.



Thus the livestock. I promise soon they'll do something ghastly I'll have to blog about. It's only a matter of time.

smooches,
Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger Garghoulee said...

so cute and cuddly! (and the pets aren't bad either)

It was good of you not to show the scars from the cats, or mention your dog's penchant for crunchy locusts.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home